Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer quits

The departure of a key aide reflects turmoil within the administration and Mr Trump's growing dissatisfaction with his staff.

Sean Spicer has resigned as White House press secretary after a disagreement over a new communications director.

Financier Anthony Scaramucci was offered the job by Donald Trump on Friday morning.

The New York Times said that Mr Spicer "vehemently disagreed" with the appointment, telling the President it was "a major mistake".

Mr Spicer has been carrying out the communications director role alongside his duties as press secretary since Mike Dubke left in May.

Seen by some as the face of the Trump administration, Mr Spicer's briefings have often been tetchy, echoing his boss's dismissal of the "mainstream media" as peddlers of "fake news".

The tone was set in his debut in the role, as the press secretary clashed fiercely with the media over the size of the crowd in Washington for Mr Trump's inauguration ceremony.

Later he drew widespread criticism for comparing Syrian president Bashar-al Assad to Hitler and for telling veteran White House correspondent April Ryan to "stop shaking your head" after accusing her of pushing her own agenda.

Mr Spicer, who served under former Republican president George W Bush in a public affairs trade role, had seemed to be safe from President Trump's notoriously short patience.

Mr Trump was reported as telling people: "I'm not firing Sean Spicer. That guy gets great ratings. Everyone tunes in."

But he stopped appearing at briefings after taking on the role of communications director after Mr Dubke's departure in May and Mr Trump was said to be pleased with the performances of his deputy, the equally combative Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Ultimately Mr Spicer may be best remembered for spawning a scathingly funny impersonation of him by comedian Melissa McCarthy on Saturday Night Live, where she mocked his short fuse, bombastic temperament and fondness for chewing gum alongside Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump.

Mr Spicer's departure reflects turmoil in Mr Trump's legal and communications teams, whom Mr Trump blames for the administration's inability to break free from the Russian election hacking story that has dogged his time in the Oval Office.

full article

Recent articles

Moto G8 power Lite

Motorola has announced a new affordable smartphone with 5000mAH battery- Moto G8 Power Lite on April 3, 2020, which looks to be a stripped version of the Moto G8 Power launched last month.

Vivo S6 5G

Recently, Vivo has confirmed that its upcoming 5G smartphone Vivo S6 will be unveiled on March 31 in China.

Vivo S6 5G

Vivo has launched it's latest mid-range offering in the S series in China- Vivo S6 5G on 31 March 2020.

P40 Series

Huawei has introduced its flagship P40 series smartphones- Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, and the Huawei P40 Pro+ on March 26, in an online-only event.

Huawei P40 Pro

Huawei is all set to announce its new flagship smartphones on March 26. The rumors and leaks on Huawei P40 series phones are coming out daily.

Realme

Realme has teased the Narzo series of smartphones yesterday, and today Realme has confirmed the Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A smartphones launch details.

Huawei P40 Pro

Huawei is all set to launch its new P40 series of smartphones -- the P40 and P40 Pro and a P40 Premium -- on March 26.

Black Shark 3

Xiaomi's sub-brand- Black Shark has unveiled the Black Shark 3 and Black Shark 3 Pro gaming smartphones in China on Tuesday.

Vivo

Vivo has announced that the Vivo Nex 3S 5G smartphone will launch on March 10 in China.

Vivo Z6 5G

Vivo has launched it's first mid-range 5G smartphone- the Vivo Z6 5G in China.