Asked at a news conference whether he agreed with Trump that there were good people among the white supremacist demonstrators, and that there was blame to be had on both sides, Pence largely sidestepped the question.
“What happened in Charlottesville was a tragedy, and the president has been clear on this tragedy and so have I,” Pence said. “I spoke at length about this heartbreaking situation on Sunday night in Colombia, and I stand with the president, and I stand by those words.”
Pence also was asked and would not comment about Trump’s off-the-cuff comparison of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson with Founding Fathers George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, the first and third U.S. presidents.
On Sunday night in Cartagena, the Colombian port city where he opened his week-long trip to Latin America, Pence was asked about Trump’s initial response to the Charlottesville violence. The vice president was far more forceful in his denunciation that evening than was his boss on Saturday.
With Trump drawing intense criticism for failing to single out white supremacists following Saturday's events, Pence told reporters in Cartagena: “We have no tolerance for hate and violence, from white supremacists, neo-Nazis or the KKK. These dangerous fringe groups have no place in American public life.”
Pence made his Wednesday comments in Santiago following a bilateral meeting at the presidential palace with Chilean President Michelle Bachelet. The two leaders delivered prepared remarks at a news event, and then Bachelet left the room without taking any questions from journalists. Pence remained at his lectern and answered questions from two U.S. journalists traveling with him, one about North Korea and one about Charlottesville.
“While I am here in Chile,” Pence said, “our hearts are in Charlottesville, because just a few short hours ago, family and friends gathered to say farewell to a remarkable young woman, Heather Heyer. And we’ve been praying. We’ve been praying for God’s peace and comfort for her family and her friends and her loved ones. And we’re also praying that in America that we will not allow the few to divide the many.”
Motorola has announced a new affordable smartphone with 5000mAH battery- Moto G8 Power Lite on April 3, 2020, which looks to be a stripped version of the Moto G8 Power launched last month.
Recently, Vivo has confirmed that its upcoming 5G smartphone Vivo S6 will be unveiled on March 31 in China.
Vivo has launched it's latest mid-range offering in the S series in China- Vivo S6 5G on 31 March 2020.
Huawei has introduced its flagship P40 series smartphones- Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, and the Huawei P40 Pro+ on March 26, in an online-only event.
Huawei is all set to announce its new flagship smartphones on March 26. The rumors and leaks on Huawei P40 series phones are coming out daily.
Realme has teased the Narzo series of smartphones yesterday, and today Realme has confirmed the Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A smartphones launch details.
Huawei is all set to launch its new P40 series of smartphones -- the P40 and P40 Pro and a P40 Premium -- on March 26.
Xiaomi's sub-brand- Black Shark has unveiled the Black Shark 3 and Black Shark 3 Pro gaming smartphones in China on Tuesday.
Vivo has announced that the Vivo Nex 3S 5G smartphone will launch on March 10 in China.