Saretzky was sentenced in court in Lethbridge, Alta., on Wednesday to life in prison with no chance of parole for 75 years. It's one of the stiffest sentences handed down in Canada since the death penalty was abolished.
With credit for time served in pre-trial custody, the sentence means the 24-year-old will have to wait 73 years until he is eligible for parole.
In June, a jury found Saretzky guilty of three counts of first-degree murder for the 2015 slayings of Terry Blanchette, 27, his daughter, Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, 2, and Hanne Meketech, 69, in the Crowsnest Pass region of southern Alberta.
They also found him guilty of committing an indignity to the toddler's body, which was dismembered and burned.
Saretzky received a five-year, concurrent sentence for that crime.
In handing down the sentence, Court of Queen's Bench Justice William Tilleman said Saretzky's actions were "simply abominable" and had caused "grave injury to his entire community."
The family members of the victims have lived through "a real horror story," the judge said.
Saretzky stood as Tilleman pronounced the sentence. He showed no visible emotion.
Outside the courtroom, Terry Blanchette's father, Bill Blanchette, said the family was pleased with the sentence.
"It's the best we could hope for," he said.
Crown prosecutor Photini Papadatou thanked the jury for "their equanimity, their professionalism and their dedication" while sitting through weeks of often gruesome evidence presented during the trial.
Papadatou hoped the sentence would help the community of Crowsnest Pass move forward.
"This chapter is now closed and it's time for the community to heal and to put themselves back together again," she said.
Motorola has announced a new affordable smartphone with 5000mAH battery- Moto G8 Power Lite on April 3, 2020, which looks to be a stripped version of the Moto G8 Power launched last month.
Recently, Vivo has confirmed that its upcoming 5G smartphone Vivo S6 will be unveiled on March 31 in China.
Vivo has launched it's latest mid-range offering in the S series in China- Vivo S6 5G on 31 March 2020.
Huawei has introduced its flagship P40 series smartphones- Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, and the Huawei P40 Pro+ on March 26, in an online-only event.
Huawei is all set to announce its new flagship smartphones on March 26. The rumors and leaks on Huawei P40 series phones are coming out daily.
Realme has teased the Narzo series of smartphones yesterday, and today Realme has confirmed the Narzo 10 and Narzo 10A smartphones launch details.
Huawei is all set to launch its new P40 series of smartphones -- the P40 and P40 Pro and a P40 Premium -- on March 26.
Xiaomi's sub-brand- Black Shark has unveiled the Black Shark 3 and Black Shark 3 Pro gaming smartphones in China on Tuesday.
Vivo has announced that the Vivo Nex 3S 5G smartphone will launch on March 10 in China.