“Close-in reconnaissance by US aircraft threatens China's national security, harms Sino-US maritime and air military safety, endangers the personal safety of both sides' pilots and is the root cause of unexpected incidents,” Defense Ministry spokesman Ren Guoqiang said.
The actions of the Chinese jets’ pilots were “legal, necessary and professional” and conducted “in accordance with the law and the rules,” he added.
The statement comes after US officials told local media that an American surveillance plane was intercepted by two Chinese jets on Sunday.
A US EP-3 ARIES signals intelligence plane was flying about 140km south of the port city of Qingdao on the east coast of China, when it was approached by two Chinese J-10 interceptors, armed with air-to-air missiles.
One of the Chinese jets flew under the EP-3 and appeared 90 meters (295ft) in front of the US plane, causing the crew “to take evasive action to avoid collision,” according to one official.
The EP-3 Airborne Reconnaissance Integrated Electronic System (ARIES) is a version of the P-3 Orion spy plane.
US forces have recently stepped up their activity in the region, provoking China’s anger. Earlier in July, Beijing spoke out after two US long-range supersonic bombers flew over the disputed South China Sea.
China noted that it “resolutely opposes individual countries using the banner of freedom of navigation and overflight to flaunt military force and harm China’s sovereignty and security.”
Also in July, Beijing said Washington is damaging peace and stability in the South China Sea and is undermining China-US relations. The comments came a day after the ‘USS Stethem,’ a guided-missile destroyer, sailed near the disputed Paracel Islands in the region.
In May, two Chinese jets came close to a US P-3 Orion surveillance plane flying off the coast of China, the same day a US Navy ship was sailing near the Spratly islands, claimed by Beijing in the South China Sea.
The majority of the South China Sea is claimed by Beijing, despite similar statements from Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Taiwan.
Vivo has just launched the company's latest smartphone Vivo V19 in India as expected.
Realme has launched the company’s latest Nazro series smartphones- Realme Nazro 10 and Nazro 10A in India.
Here is the first look of LG's new entry-level/midrange smartphone - LG Stylo 6 which was shared by reliable leakster Evan Blass.
Xiaomi India has just unveiled it's latest flagship killer- Xiaomi Mi 10 5G smartphone in India.
After several teasers and rumors, LG has finally unveiled the company's latest 5G smartphone- LG Velvet on May 7 in South Korea. The company has also revealed the pricing and availability details of the phone.
Now, LG has started pre-registration for its LG G8X ThinQ smartphone and other products as the coronavirus lockdown in India continues.
Vivo has introduced the “Vivo Smart Retail” system on Sunday that lets people buy Vivo smartphones offline from home in light of the COVID-19 pandemic at the moment.
The South Korean company-LG is currently working on a new entry-level smartphone- LG Premier Pro Plus( LG L455DL). Now, the specifications and user manual of LG Premier Pro Plus have spotted on Google Play Console listing.
Honor has introduced three new 9 series budget-friendly smartphones - Honor 9A, Honor 9C, and Honor 9S in Russia on Wednesday.
LG has now announced that the company's midrange redesigned smartphone- LG Velvet will be unveiled on May 7 in an online event.